The Catalog Development team is vital to developing and supporting a growing number of critical enterprise selling processes within Advance Auto Parts. We partner with many different teams across the organization to understand their needs and are frequently involved in design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical processes that are leveraged by our Customers and Business team. We take pride in developing these mission critical processes that are optimized for the best customer experience.
As a Sr. Software Developer of this team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, Architects, business analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements. You will be working closely with agile teams of data architect and software developers to determine the best architectural and design decisions, find innovative and practical solutions to meet our business needs in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will be involved in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews and have a heavy input throughout the process, from requirements all the way to production deployment. The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast-paced!
Successful candidates will be strong technologists who can work proactively and independently, prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering high quality Microservices built using Springboot that are easy to maintain and support and deployed on Openshift. The ideal candidate is one that is not only passionate about data/software development and architecture but also focus on business needs and customer experience.
- Work with business stakeholders, Project Managers, Architects, Business Analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Will often require taking a lead role in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews, and have a heavy input throughout the process, from requirements to production deployment.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
- Create technical system specifications and ensure documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Raise up opportunities, enhancements, and process improvements. Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues of the assignments to management.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services. Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed. Keep up with technologies. Provide mentoring to other development staff on technical topics.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Ensure applications are scalable and operate efficiently in the production environment.
- Ability to research issues across multiple key systems and databases. Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
- 8+ years of experience in java middle-tier applications in a J2EE environment
- Java 8 and above
- Springboot and Spring eco system
- Spring JPA
- Microservice design patterns
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure Cloud Technologies
- SQL or NoSQL
- Analytic and algorithmic thinking
- Microservice fault tolerance and error handling
- Kubernetes, preferably Openshift
- Agile software development methodologies
- Databases like Oracle, Postgres
Nice to have