The Sr Reporting Analyst - Escrow Administration will perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Assist the supervisor with planning/organizing to ensure timely and accurate execution of escrow administration activities; provide training to new staff members; assist with refresher training for the existing staff on new processes, changes, and designated/requested topics; serve as the day to day contact person for questions and guide the work flow for assigned functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibility will be reporting and providing leadership in support of the PMI, FHA and USDA billing teams
- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with Investors for information and account updates relative to MI processing, Billing Recon and New loan boarding and setup.
- Set-up new loans; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with report distribution to the team, reviewing team reports worked, such as Quality Control and exception reports, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Use access database to import and extract data, to build queries.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to MIP disbursement, premium differences, data integrity using origination documents and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required time frames; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
- Oversee billing for monthly disbursement and reconcile disbursement and drafts from FHA and USDA.
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE
2-4 years of mortgage servicing experience
2-4 years of reporting and leadership experience
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, specifically with Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
Advance skills in Microsoft Access
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Regular and substantial contact with others. Contacts usually involve discussions related to policies and programs. Handles sensitive, complex, and/or confidential information.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Independent Judgement/Problem Solving:
Performs duties within scope of general Company policies, procedures and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the supervisor.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans