UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Do you have a love for writing and helping people live healthier lives? Our Community & State Proposal Writers combine the creativity of writing with the technical aspects of providing compliant responses to help draft Medicaid proposals for new and existing clients (e.g., government, employers). They collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to determine and guide positioning of our offer, direct the preparation of supporting documents and analyses, support responses with graphics, and align documentation to company guidelines. They partner with sales, clinical, product, legal, finance and other functions to tailor contractual provisions to reflect prospects needs, company interests, and appropriate resources and timelines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and related documents furnished by the procuring agency; analyze to understand and capture specific operational, administrative and proposal requirements
- Interview SMEs in business functions throughout the organization to determine Community & State/UnitedHealthcare business and operational approach to satisfy the requirements
- Research and gather source information to determine the information needed for specific proposals. Contribute ideas regarding business solution based on own ideas, experience and research
- Write original content, edit content and consult with SMEs, other writers as well as graphic artists to design proposals
- Review prior Community & State proposals to extract relevant content for use in proposal development; work with content manager to determine relevant elements
- Outline proposal sections or answers to address all elements of direct, derived and implied requirements
- Draft concise, complete and clear proposal responses to the requirements and/or questions in accordance with Community & State proposal development standards, stylistic guidelines and formatting conventions
- Inspect and edit own work for clarity and conformance to requirements; work with proposal leadership to address editing issues
- Handle multiple revisions, edit and re-edit proposal sections as needed, and ensure that proposals maintain a consistent tone or voice
- Effectively convey information about products/services to all audiences
- Present information to, and effectively communicate with, senior leadership and other key individuals
- Participate in individual and group proposal reviews with senior leadership and other key individuals; incorporate changes and improvements to proposals
- Copy/edit proposal narrative
- Collect and submit proposal exhibits, attachments, appendices relevant to assigned sections for tracking and for formatting, if required
- Work with proposal formatter to address proposal layout and publishing issues
- Work with proposal graphic designer to provide concepts for creating supporting graphics for proposals
- Escalate conflicts and issues to proposal leadership as required
- Complete work according to deadlines provided by proposal leadership
- Assist as requested in general proposal activities, including editing, proposal assembly, and quality assurance, etc.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement of the Community & State proposal development process
- Conduct other business development duties as assigned
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented team player
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Meet deadlines and work both independently and in groups
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Consistent interviewing, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong presentation skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of proposal / RFP content writing experience with relationship management and interviewing skills
- 2+ years of experience with project management with adherence to deadlines
- 2+ years of health care proposal writing experience
- Able to provide two (2) writing samples during interview
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English or similar field of study
- Clinical writing experience
- Medicaid proposal writing experience
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Proposal Writer, Writer, Proposal Writing, RFP Content Writing, RFP, Proposals, Relationship Management, Interviewing, Clinical Writing, Project Management, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home, Medicaid