Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Project Manager role leads Governance projects and program initiatives through all project stages to ensure deliverables are met on time and in budget. May provide leadership and oversight to Project Managers when managing program initiatives. Participates in portfolio management and Governance process activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead to the development of project scope statements, ensuring alignment with the organization's strategic objectives, Ensure that all impacted areas are identified and that appropriate resources are engaged to participate in the scope definition process, Ensure that all project dependencies, project deliverables, and success criteria are identified, obtain agreement on project scope from applicable stakeholders, and ensure that requirements sign-off is obtained, complying with governance guidelines, monitor scope for scope issues, raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with applicable stakeholders, Manage project scope through change management to drive effective project execution
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives, develop and maintain detailed project plans, Acquire project resources, Work with resource managers to drive the demand planning, ensure resourcing is aligned with available funding, obtain agreement from applicable stakeholders on schedule, time management and resource plans, and negotiate changes/adjust project plans as needed, Monitor and report progress throughout the project life cycle, Ensure seamless transition from project implementation to the business
- Develop project budgets and forecasts, obtaining approvals from applicable stakeholders, analyze and maintain financial forecast information, manage project budgets, ensuring appropriate cost controls and project budget, participate in the capital request process, identify procurement needs for external resources, ensure adherence to established financial close procedures and governance guidelines, drive the capital request process, as appropriate, conduct reviews of budget variances, developing options for resolution and recommendations for PMO best practices, implement adjustments to project/program forecasts and budgets, obtaining appropriate approvals as needed, ensure adherence to established financial close procedures and governance guidelines
- Establish quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with input from applicable stakeholders, monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards, monitor the testing process, ensure defects are closed prior to deployment, and proper release/deployment/functionality of the project, ensure that controls are identified and operationalized to allow benefit tracking and reporting, identify root causes of substandard project outcomes, analyze project outcomes and make appropriate recommendations to improve, monitor project results going forward and ensure that the project is delivering the expected benefits to the business
- Identify potential risks/issues, recommend, communicate and implement risk management plans in support of lead project manager direction, ensure resolution of identified and assigned risks, recommend contingency plans, develop/monitor/maintain applicable risk/issue logs, review project plan to identify emerging risks
- Develop, document and implement project communication plans, manage communications among all applicable stakeholders, establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with applicable project stakeholders, manage vendor relationships, resolve conflicts among project participants, provide project management resources to applicable audiences, distribute project reports/documentation to applicable stakeholders, implement for ongoing project documentation storage, ensure understanding and buy-in from applicable stakeholders, recognize project team contributions throughout the project, Effectively navigates and manages complex relationships
- Clearly articulates project management methodology and governance framework, guide discussions and challenge the status quo, Articulates how project stages and artifacts deliver value, seeks clarification and provides alternatives, facilitates decision making across stakeholders, seeks input from others in analysis, embraces change
- Continually improves management style and documentation, Focuses on speed to value, manages roadmap to an iterative approach, Leverages internal network of partners to develop point of view in undefined spaces
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 4+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions or 7+ years experience of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions in lieu of a Degree or applicable military experience
- Experience with development and reporting of project costs, and project financial analysis
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- PMP Certification
- 8+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- Experience with large scale technology implementation projects including custom software development and/or third party software integrations
- Project Management experience within Agile Scrum
- Military or Government contract project experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote