Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6+ months(+extension)
They would be working on interoperability (initiating new health systems and EMRs), some one who has exposure to HL7 and what OIC has launched.
Solely engaged with all EHRs….leading the project from a connectivity stand point. They are standing up a team. PM will work with BSAs and Developers etc.
Data Integrators are also being utilized. Driving business processes.
- Must understand the clinical flow, processes, business and operations of a healthcare delivery organization. Familiar with EMRs like Cerner, Epic, eCW, GE etc.
- Must be a Senior level candidate with at least 5-8 years of solid experience.
Strong written and spoken communication skills. Very front end.
IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project-oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures). They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Partner with IT technical staff and Business Sponsor to ensure the design accomplishes both business and technical requirements
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes, including: providing guidance to Leadership and core team which consist of Business/IT and external entities.
- Manages Issues, Risk, Dependencies and Change Request following the established PMO guidelines.
- Identifies, negotiates, communicates and manages project changes. Reports status of project, including project risks, to customers, project team, supervisor, Project Offices, governance and other key staff
- Oversee product documentation and archiving and adheres to the Project Management standards for project closure.
- Responsible for managing external and vendor relationships (including the SOW) and managing to implementation of deliverables and schedules
- Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
- Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology.
- Broad knowledge of IT functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Strong Communications (written and verbal)
- Strong PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excels, etc.).
- Expert in MS Project 2010
- Expert in MS Excel
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Manager would prefer someone with previous experience so they can come up to speed quickly
- 5-8 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education as an IT Project
- Must have healthcare provider experience
- Large project work including implementations
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer, Mathematics, or Business-related field or relevant work experience
Comments for Suppliers: Back Fill - ideally looking for previous contractors and FTEs, as well as anyone rolling off an assignment soon
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)