WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr Project Engineer - Mech
9469 Eastport Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our
customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help
them win in the marketplace. Our 50,000 team members around the
world work together with one purpose: to help our customers deliver their
products in the best possible condition, every time. Learn more
Sr. Project Engineer - Mechanical
Seminole Mill - Jacksonville, FL
Seminole Mill has an
immediate opening for a Sr. Project Engineer coordinating the planning,
organizing, and completion of engineering projects within an area of assigned
responsibility. This position works
within an engineering process to define and participate in the development of
projects to implement or improve manufacturing efficiency and/or general
process improvements and initiatives. This position supports mill goals for safety, environmental and other
concerns, outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress
to ensure that project objectives are being met.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Management of all phases of capital and expense projects from inception through final project.
- Manage multiple capital and maintenance projects, including planning, design, documenting, budgeting, and
- Manages ongoing facilities infrastructure maintenance programs.
- Assist in the attainment of mill goals by serving on special teams or supplying teams with necessary technical support
and responds to field questions.
- Ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information in various forms, and deal with several abstract and/or
concrete variables simultaneously.
- Ability to assess situations based on facts and quickly reacts to provide direction to employees involved.
Assists with troubleshooting and fixing plant problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize information and written materials.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documents.
- Coordinates and supervises work with outside contractors on various sized maintenance-related projects.
Maintain projects on budget and on schedule.
- Learn and understand maintenance/plant operations. Makes recommendations for training, improved procedures, manpower
requirements and selection.
- Must be able to generate drawings, specifications, and instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
- Dedication to ensuring a safe work environment, ensuring inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs and
ensuring all projects receive adequate hazard reviews prior to installation, and managing project safety.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Deliver successful synergies and cooperation with all Mill processes, peers and vendors.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5 – 7 years of experience as a Mechanical project engineer with or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Heavy Industrial engineering work experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PI, and Statistical Software
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people.
- Good Organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.