Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
The Planner / Buyer I will be responsible for the planning and purchasing of assigned product from “cradle to grave” (i.e. new product development, sustaining and obsolescence). Will serve as a Lead/Mentor to Planner/Buyer I personnel and have approval responsibility for assigned Planner/Buyer II action plans.
Contributes to the definition of the team’s objectives, and strategies. Accepts team decisions and works toward their implementation. Establishes and supports the norms and conditions for a work environment that supports team productivity. Draws on the strengths of each team member, seeks input of team members and works cross-functionally to resolve issues. Provides strategic input to and monitors the progress of cross-disciplinary project teams.
Proactively analyzes and interprets information for planning systems and determines if process are in control, accurate and meeting customer demands. Makes day-to-day decisions that demonstrate a basic understanding of the financial business drivers. Effectively plans manufacturing recourses and diagnoses problems to minimize interruptions to production.
Works closely with the Planning/Purchasing Manager to develop and implement department procedures and guidelines, processes and processes improvements. Integral in the development and enhancement of the ERP system.
As an integral part of the Product team, this person will work directly with Suppliers, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Operations and Engineering to ensure excellent customer service levels while minimizing inventory investments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Master Planning & Scheduling.
- Purchasing of inventory items.
- Provide product availability commitments.
- Supplier negotiation to achieve lowest total cost.
- Planning/Purchasing Systems development.
- Effectively utilize company recourses.
- Accountable for the accuracy and impact of planning decisions.
- Planning system maintenance and updates to insure integrity of planning data.
- Coordinate forecasts for all Demand Channels for assigned product.
- Product Team member.
- Liaison between other departments to coordinate product issues that need resolution.
- Work with new product teams to develop effective product launch plans.
- Effectively manage product with a shelf life to minimize obsolescence from expired product.
- Supply Chain development.
- Provide planning / schedule commitments and performance reporting.
- Comply with Government, Regulatory and Zimmer Policies and Procedures.
- Implement and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system as it pertains to Planning/Purchasing.
- Forecasting systems management.
- Develop and implement Planning/Purchasing metrics.
- Work closely with Marketing, Engineering and Accounting to set product budgets.
- S&OP Reporting.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on Planning System outputs.
- Excellent Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ERP systems experience required. Understanding of MRP and MRP II techniques, principles and concepts required.
- Excellent communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels (able to communicate equally well with all employees including the Company President).
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, an effective team player and posses excellent analytical / problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions.
- Good understanding of the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), sound accounting principles, inventory control and paperwork flow necessary to be able to function responsibly in this position.
- Must be able to operate with minimal to no supervision.
- Must be able to set up Forecasting and Inventory Planning systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, accounting, or other business discipline.
- MBA and APICS certification preferred.
- 5-7 years supplier collaboration/purchasing experience required.
- 4 years demand forecasting experience required.
- 5 years experience in material requirements planning and inventory control in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing preferred.
- Work experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six-sigma preferred.
• Up to 10%
External FooterAt Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.