Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking several expert Sr. Network Engineers to work on our integrations team! The location is US Telecommuter friendly.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support and troubleshoot data center networks primarily utilizing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus platforms
- Support migration platform from traditional data center network designs to policy-based infrastructure
- Participate and contribute in low- and high-level design discussions, review and add to implementation plans, and review and add to acceptance test plans
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain current and ahead of upcoming developments in the networking industry
- Perform maintenance, support, and troubleshoot network equipment, including hardware installs and software upgrades
- Be comfortable in unknown environments, taking a consultative approach to resolving complex issues
- Educate and evaluate peers and team members while being open to and seeking peer review for superb outcomes
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot traditional and virtual network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers
- Deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Implement and enforce security procedures to ensure the Company's data is secure and accessed by only those that need access to it
- Create and maintain documentation in relation to network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Proactively evaluate network performance, identify bottlenecks, and find ways of improvement, to ensure long-term efficiency of the network
- Design, engineer and deploy SD-WAN upgrades in multiple markets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years in a Network Engineering role (CISCO)
- 3+ years of work experience Design, engineer and deploy SD-WAN upgrades in multiple markets
- 3+ years of knowledge of current and upcoming network technologies/trends
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of IP inter-networking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, VLAN (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), and IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- 3+ years of experience with Virtualization, and Application Centric Infrastructure
- 3+ years of Expertise with logical design models (L2/L3, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling)
- 3+ years of experience with application policies in the ACI, including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects, and Filters
- 3+ years of experience with ACI Multi-Site
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization platforms, including VMware
- Technical training or CISCO CCNA and CCNP Certifications
- Python programming automation experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Network Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote