A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company.
If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
Winner of the 2017 WorldatWork Seal of Distinction, one of only seven companies throughout Florida to receive this award, Citizens is a diverse team of professionals helping people and communities throughout Florida.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential – they exceed it.
So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected – at Citizens.
As a Senior Developer on our Content Management team, you will be working on upgrades and enhancements for exciting projects including Document Intake (Ephesoft), Document Repository (Alfresco) and Document Production (Thunderhead/SmartComm). You will have an opportunity to learn new technologies and enhance your current skills to the latest cloud foundations for various content management applications which also includes external website and internal portal management (Liferay). Specifically, you will design, code, test, debug, and document software applications. You will also devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results. Qualified candidates must be goal-oriented with the ability to work independently as well as being a collaborate and contributing Agile team member.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate complex software for functional areas; Analyze existing software or work to formulate logic for new complex systems and devises complex algorithms; Analyze the design and use of complex data sources; Monitor and employ source code control techniques and configuration management.
- Negotiate with stakeholders on project plans and the creation of software specifications.
- Perform complex data analysis and test/debug complex software; Apply moderately complex programming security practices; Perform complex data modeling, performance and integration testing and builds interfaces for a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Develop and execute moderately complex test plans; Develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommend and implement changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Understand and apply industry practices, architectural standards and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
- Interact with senior level internal personnel. May serve as technical lead for a software development project of moderate scope. May coach, counsel or train less-experienced staff, may also direct the work of others, may provide input in the performance management, goal setting and review processes.
- Demonstrates experience configuring Application Performance Management tools (ex. CA APM); Ability to design and tune applications for performance and demonstrated ability to triage such issues.
- Train users in conversion and implementation of system.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years
- 5-7 years of development experience (6+ years is preferred)
- Knowledge or experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance industry is preferred
- Java Enterprise Edition is required
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required
- Service Oriented Application Architecture (SOA) is required
- Application Packaging & Deployment is required
- Web Application Development Frameworks / API is required
- Spring Framework and Spring Modules is required
- Content Management (Thunderhead/SmartComm, Alfresco, Ephesoft, Liferay) is STRONGLY preferred
- Agile / Scrum Methods is preferred
- Guidewire / Oracle Fusion is preferred
- Real time monitoring tools (i.e. Splunk and/or Wily) is preferred
- Understanding of multi-tier web-based application architecture and application frameworks is preferred
- Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere is preferred
- Tools / IDEs: IntelliJ, SoapUI, Perforce is preferred
- RDBMS / Database: SQL Server SQL, PL/SQL is preferred
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts
- Demonstrated software repository skills, testing and test planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop conversion & system implementation plans, understand functional needs and how systems can support those need
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Intermediate ability to effectively present technical topics to small and medium size technical groups. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of the organization
- Thorough experience with common programming tools and knowledge of secure software development
- Demonstrated ability to create software specification, to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals and to follow software specifications
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team, able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums
- Works under broad supervision on priorities and short-term goals
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
- Retirement savings plan with an 8 percent company match
- Medical, dental and group life insurance
- Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- On-site wellness activities
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.