Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Instructional Designer for the Optum Health Training team you will support the end-to-end training process through intake, consultation, and training design, development, maintenance, and deployment for various businesses and initiatives across the Optum PHS enterprise; you will be responsible for completing needs analysis and devising learning solutions to meet customer/role requirements, as well as creating communications, activities, and deployment methods (i.e. SharePoint Online sites, LMS content curation, etc.). This role involves the design and development of online, video, and web-based training materials, conducting ongoing evaluations and assessments to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommending/implementing modifications as necessary, and working with business leaders and SMEs to obtain training content.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a training resource/leader on cross-functional major initiative projects and/or customer specific projects as assigned
- Conduct discovery session(s) to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Complete moderately complex analyses; identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Create a plan/proposal based on available information
- Establish strong customer relationships and gain stakeholder approval/buy-in
- Develop and maintain project workplan
- Create learning experiences in training development tools such as Storyline, Articulate, Captivate, and more
- Create courses in an LMS/learning platform and map to published training materials
- Explore and embrace innovation learning technologies in order to provide an engaging end-user experience
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional instructional design experience in a corporate or healthcare training setting
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience in project management and project deployment
- Designing and developing self-paced training solutions
- Proven proficiency with eLearning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate)
- Ability to interface effectively with business partners and provide training recommendations in ambiguous situations
- Intermediate proficiency with Office365 tools, specifically SharePoint Online
- Experience designing solutions that meet enterprise audience needs and leverage various types of learning technology
- Storyboarding experience
- Experience working with Agile project teams
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and how to apply to the design of learning experiences
- Ability to develop engaging communications materials, using a creative approach and close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Instructional Designer, Instructional Design, training, trainer, healthcare, project management, eLearning authoring tools, Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, Storyboarding, agile, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote