We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. And that means continuous career growth opportunities for you. While we support you with the latest tools, advanced training, and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers, you can continue on following the path of your life’s best work.(sm)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Care Clinical Performance team is looking for a flexible, self-motivated, creative, and reliable instructional designer, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, forward thinking, and dynamic environment. This instructional designer must be adept at achieving personal and business goals and meeting deadlines in order to meet the needs of both the team and the Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) we serve. They must maintain a positive attitude, keep high standards, follow corporate guidelines for color and graphic selections, and consistently represent the team in a professional manner.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop all training materials for instructor led or computer-based courses using approved tools and software (e.g., Articulate Storyline 3, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Camtasia)
- Develop computer-based trainings for medical management platforms
- Develop materials for business communications and meetings such as flyers, newsletters, Power Point decks, and one-pagers using approved tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Publisher)
- Create and maintain a course catalog for all computer-based and instructor led courses
- Apply technical skills in various learning management systems and upload/maintain courses into either Provider Development Institute (PDI) or Optum Health Education (OHE)
- Work on additional projects as assigned in between course development in order to meet business needs
- Attend customer and team meetings to understand the training needs
- Collaborate with team to complete all milestones and meet deadlines
- Engage and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs as necessary
- Communicate any barriers or changes to the timeline with team and/or leadership
Maintain Industry Knowledge:
- Maintain knowledge of current and planned technology capabilities in the business, including Microsoft Teams, as well as relevant instructional design software
- Maintain awareness of a variety of training delivery methods and adult learning theories
- Drive adoption to training best practices and trends
- Share training best practices with applicable stakeholders across the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of experience with adult learning/training, virtual training, instructional design principles or design, and/or training project management, (i.e. performing presentations in person and/or through virtual platforms, classroom training experience, virtual/WebEx training experience, being a preceptor or mentor)
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and principles
- Experience presenting effective training programs to a variety of staff, preferably clinical and/or clinical support staff
- Experience learning and applying additional technical skills within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (creating and editing), WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with incorporating or editing video or audio content in a computer-based training
- Expert level of proficiency using relevant design software including Articulate 360, Articulate Storyline 3, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Camtasia, Word, and Power Point
- Exceptional design skills and use of graphics, pictures, spacing, color, fonts, and navigation features
- Experience working both autonomously and with others in order to complete work efficiently
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines
- Able to submit samples of your work (variety CBT’s online modules, etc.), CBTs are recommended
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master of Science in Education, Instructional Design, Healthcare Administration or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with adult learning/training, virtual training, instructional design principles or design, and/or training project management, (i.e. performing presentations in person and/or through virtual platforms, classroom training experience, virtual/WebEx training experience, being a preceptor or mentor)
- Understands proper use of grammar and punctuation and the need for attention to detail
- Ability to take written content and create high-quality professional content and courses
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams and departments to analyze organizational needs, documentation, and curriculum needs
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to lead collaborative efforts in order to successfully achieve key business objectives
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Instructional Designer, project management, learning solutions, instructional design principles, learning analysis, graphics, adult learning theory and principles, telecommute, remote, work from home