Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The sr. director will be responsible for developing and executing new product and capability priorities focused on expanding the High Needs Business in the external markets. The position will report to the Vice President of High Needs Business Development and lead key priorities within the new development portfolio focused on new business verticals and growth. The candidate will work with strategic business partners across UnitedHealth Group as well as in the broader health care marketplace to generate opportunities that will enable the creation of new business verticals and growth generating products. The candidate will need to understand the dynamics of the UHG enterprise and of the external marketplace (including customers, competitors, providers, partners, government sector, consumers, etc) to create a strong vision and plan and ability to execute the plan inside and outside of UnitedHealth Group. The candidate will execute select priorities end to end from establishing the strategy, mobilizing, developing, partnering, implementing, and managing the work and teams. The position will be required to navigate the Enterprise, work across broad functional teams, and communicate and partner with other teams and leaders to deliver on the vision.
The sr. director will have accountability to create and fully execute the product and capability development plans and will be accountable for owning the outcome including the successful establishment and sustainability of all new opportunities. The work that this candidate does will help shape the transformational efforts of the High Needs business long term. This position reports directly to the VP, Business Development within the High Needs Business as part of the broader Health Solutions organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Minneapolis, MN as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creating strategies, priorities, plans, as well as executing those plans for new product and capability development efforts that will help transform the High Needs business into the future
- Focus on helping the health system to work better for high needs, complex populations
- Create new external market products and capabilities for the high needs business (could include focus on provider, direct employer, payer, and direct to consumer markets)
- Responsible for accelerating product development efforts that enable growth and execution in the external markets
- Collaborate with other Health Solutions businesses to execute on partnership opportunities
- Spending time in the market understanding the landscape (customers, competitors, providers, partners, government sector, consumers, etc) as well as time internal to UHG executing, developing and implementing.
- Ensuring performance and sustainability of whatever is developed/built and potentially managing the product or capability longer term
- Ensure that business, products and capabilities meet established short and long-range goals.
- Partner with teams across the organization to advance partnerships and priorities
- Cultivate relationships with strategic partners to support High Needs objectives
- Significantly contribute to innovation, continuous improvement, and other organizational change
- Contribute to a product culture that embraces change, transformation, and new business opportunities and continuous improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years healthcare industry experience in product development, business development and/or product management
- Available for up to 20% U.S. travel
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, High Needs Product Development, Transformation, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote