Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an experienced Database Engineer /DBA who will manage, maintain, and troubleshoot SQL and NoSQL MongoDB databases while optimizing the performance, security, and availability of database clusters. They will create the scripts to automate routine tasks, tune the database indexes for optimal performance and establish backup protocols to ensure the reliability and safety of data sets. In addition, the administrator will work with the development team to create security protocols, making data integrity one of the highest priorities.
A professional at this position level within Optum has the following responsibilities: Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Optum. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and Develop Schemas, Tables, Views and other complex PL/SQL DB Objects - Functions, Stored Procedures, Packages, Views, Triggers to best meet the business and system requirements
- Maintain, configure and monitor SQL and NoSQL (such as MongoDB) instances
- Perform Database administration tasks such as Database monitoring, Data backups, Job scheduling, monitoring performance, response times, object-access based on roles, sharding, logs’ monitoring, and ensuring synchronization of database configuration across environments
- Design and implement tuning/indexing strategies to maximize performance
- Configure, monitor, and deploy replica sets as necessary
- Ensure data integrity and optimize end-user experience and performance as well as interpret error logs to debug and correct code
- Draft standards and procedures affecting data analysis and process modeling, as well as database design, maintenance, and management
- Keep clear documentation of the database setup and architecture
- Provide database Security configuration and maintenance for MongoDB and future container configurations
- Support database initiatives related to security, capacity, scalability, performance, platform upgrades, service agreements, and disaster recovery
- Follow the corporate and program SDLC and quality guidelines, as well as adhere to industry regulations and compliance requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proficiency with advanced SQL programming, NoSQL querying and/or database administration
- 2+ years practical experience implementing enterprise database solutions, including physical, logical and conceptual modeling, ETL, and data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with MongoDB maintenance, replication and administration
- Experience working in a Hybrid cloud environment
- Advanced knowledge of decision and intelligence systems concepts, and database structures such as ETL, normalization, datamarts, fact tables, dimensions, views, star and snowflake schemas
- Ability to analyze project requirements and develop detailed specifications and designs for new capabilities, while balancing cost, performance, quality and schedule demands
- Ability to standardize, harmonize, cleanse, prepare and use data for developing datasets, reports and analytics
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- Experience with supporting Portal applications
- Exposure to Tableau Administration and/or Big Data
- Confident and proactive self-starter, skilled in taking initiative, assessing requirements, coming up with plans, and taking the lead in making plans reality
- Demonstrate a high degree of adaptability, comfortable in establishing new directions, managing rapid change, and trying different approaches to deal with uncharted territories
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with colleagues, managers, external stakeholders and client
- Comfortable and experienced operating in an outcome oriented environment
The government services support team at Optum has earned the trust of organizations that our entire country relies on; from the Department of Defense and Veteran’s Administration to the teams at Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We’re repaying that trust with hard work, new ideas and a commitment to finding better solutions every day. Join us and help create ways for our government services agencies to be more efficient and effective. This will be the next huge step in your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Database Engineer, Database Engineer, SQL, No SQL, Software Engineer, DB, MongoDB, Database Administration, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote