Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is to support the production and on-going deployment of a data analytics service that is aligned with UnitedHealth Group’s mission of “helping people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone”. The team’s goal is to improve the customer experience, solve business problems, and bring new insights to business leaders. The ideal candidate will work with multiple team members to quickly perform data preparation tasks as well as perform exploratory data analysis from unstructured, large, and diverse datasets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies keen knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to actionable insights
- Uses proven yet flexible approaches to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction
- Works with analytics and statistical software such as R, Python, Bayesian Network Analysis, and others to analyze and interpret data
- Has experience using tools such as Alteryx and others to streamline work, automate, and scale
- Is adept and highly proficient at data extraction using SQL, data prep, cleaning, and connecting large data sets
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant technical discipline such as Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages or packages such as Python, R, SQL, etc, including data extraction techniques across multiple database technologies
- Exploratory data analysis skills including understanding, cleaning, transforming, and reducing datasets prior to analysis
- Experience synthesizing and connecting large amounts of data identifying trends and opportunities
- Experience applying statistical methods and math to structured and unstructured data
- Solid communication skills and ability to translate data into actionable recommendations for business partners
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and capacity to foster a healthy teamwork environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Previous experience as a consultant
- Adept at building relationships, credibility and trust with those you serve
- Experience in high volume/transaction industries
- Healthcare industry experience
- Business to Business as well as Business to Consumer experience
- Experience with packages such as Tableau or others for report development and data presentation
- Comfort and ability to shift focus areas quickly based on demand
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analysis, predictive analytics, data scientist, data, telecommuter, telecommute, remote, work from home