Are you eager to make an impact on one of the most important and underserved issues in the U.S. healthcare system? Naviguard, a fully owned UnitedHealth Group Ventures company, is on a mission to protect patients from surprise bills by building a revolutionary consumer protection business that stamps out unexpected and egregiously priced out-of-network usage. This new business will be dedicated to helping patients understand and mitigate the unexpected financial risks they face. As an employee of this new business, you can expect to be a part of a dynamic organization that is fast-paced and driven by our vision to promote healthcare affordability and accountability nationwide.
The Sr. Business Analyst, Healthcare Research will serve as a key team member in a new business reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives and will work closely with cross-functional leaders to create, define processes and implement action plans to achieve business objectives.
The Sr. Business Analyst will develop process presentations, maps, and project management materials including project plans, risk/issues logs, and decision trackers to support strategic initiatives. This role requires flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
This is a great opportunity to bring great ideas to help improve our delivery of key Naviguard initiatives. You will also be responsible for analyzing periodic results of projects to determine, form, and help implement strategies for improvement and propagation of successful programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop end to end strategic recommendations and attainable plans of action
- Deliver clear, crisp, and comprehensive summaries of opportunities and potential business plans
- Serve as cross-functional resource to help organize and execute against core business objectives
- Lead sessions with business owners and subject matter experts to define goals, understand capabilities / needs, map out processes, set key milestones and identify risks and opportunities.
- Write, disseminate and maintain project status reports, agendas and meeting notes.
- Present analyses and interpretations for operational and business review and planning to leadership
- Develop and interpret reports that lead to actionable approaches by multiple segments of the business
- Ensure prompt escalation of challenges/issues that will impact the business and initiative delivery
- Perform research ad hoc analysis and provide results to management
- 3+ years’ of Business Analyst and/or Research experience
- 2+ years’ of project management/leadership experience
- 3+ years’ of advanced PowerPoint presentation creation experience
- 3+ years’ of experience in Healthcare Industry with understanding of medical terminology and clinical care
- 3+ years’ of experience in Business Requirements Gathering and Documentation
- 2+ years’ of demonstrated ability to create Gantt charts, project plan, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills