Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position will provide legal counsel and expertise to UnitedHealth Group. This individual will frequently interact with company senior leaders and/or outside counsel on complex issues having impact across UnitedHealth Group organization entities. The focus will be on corporate governance activities, including Board of Directors policies and support, United Health Group’s proxy statements and related securities laws issues. This position will generally provide thought leadership in the area of securities law and corporate governance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monitor and maintain various corporate governance practices and policies, including advising the company on governance best practices and consulting with outside governance organizations
- Provide legal department support for the Board of Directors and its committees
- Responsible for corporate governance activities, including those related to strategic transactions and compliance with governance-related laws and regulations, including SEC rules and NYSE regulations
- Provide securities law advice and expertise to senior executives and management in many functional areas, including debt offerings and equity compensation
- Assist with the preparation and filing of the Company’s annual, periodic and current reports and proxy statement
- Assist in the preparation of earnings releases
- Assist in administering the company’s insider trading policy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- State Bar membership
- 10+ years of experience advising public companies in securities law and corporate governance issues
- Expertise with federal securities laws & NYSE regulations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality
- Demonstrated solid understanding of business operations, negotiation tactics, and corporate governance issues
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business needs
- In-house counsel experience
- Non-profit law experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.