We are currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. The Speech Pathologist will perform screenings, assess patient condition, and design therapy and treatment plans to help the patient develop necessary speech skills. You should be caring and knowledgeable about speech-related conditions and therapies.
To succeed as a Speech Pathologist, you should be willing to alter treatment plans to better suit the individual needs of a diverse patient population. You should be caring, adaptable, analytical, and resourceful.
Speech Pathologist Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualized needs of a diverse population of patients.
- Performing screenings to detect voice or speech disorders.
- Educating patients and family members about speech disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Keeping detailed records relating to patient conditions, care plans, therapies, and progress.
- Reporting progress and current status to appropriate parties, which may include family members, teachers, or medical professionals.