Fire Up Your Career
Firebirds is seeking a Sous Chef to join our team. Our team takes pride in our scratch-made kitchen, unique ambiance, and strong sense of values. Firebirds is currently operating at 49 locations—and continues to open new locations each year! We are excited about our rapid growth and looking forward to our market expansion moving into 2019 and beyond. These openings provide endless opportunities of advancement for all our Chefs and Managers!
We are searching for an individual who is talented and passionate for the hospitality industry. This person must also be self-motivated, driven, passionate for learning, and able to excel in a creative, yet structured environment. This individual must have excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. Our Sous Chefs are responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectations for quality food in a neat, clean, and organized kitchen.
Our Sous Chefs partner with the Executive Chef to provide direction and training to team members by coaching, counseling, and providing feedback on job performance. The Sous Chefs are responsible for butchering and portion control, additionally they supervise team members who have been certified in butchering duties. We expect our Sous Chefs to have excellent communication skills, as they are responsible for the back of house team members and certain administrative tasks, including but not limited to scheduling, staffing, ordering and inventory. Our Sous Chefs oversee all back of house operations and food production for the restaurant and FIREBAR®.
What we expect of you:
- Provides support to Executive Chef in all areas of responsibility
- Manages back of house team members, operations, and food production for the restaurant and FIREBAR®
- Provides direction and training to team members by coaching, counseling, and providing feedback
- Accountable for ordering produce, seafood, and main food orders
- Conducts inventory bi-weekly in a team effort
- Responsible for scheduling back of house team members
- Responsible for team development by interviewing and hiring back of house team members to maintain staffing goals
- Supervises and participates in butchering and portion control on each shift
- Responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectation for quality food and a neat, clean and organized kitchen
- Serving our Stakeholders: We work together to provide a warm, welcoming environment, not only for our guests but also our team members. We aim for outgoing, positive personalities that help us provide extraordinary experiences through the dishes created in the back of house and the level of service executed in the front of house.
- Enriching Experiences: We work hard but we also play hard. We implement several opportunities for our team members to win fun, exciting prizes. Nothing like some good healthy competition to spice up the work day!
- Exceeding Expectations: We pride ourselves in maintaining quality throughout all restaurant operations, such as; food production, sanitation standards, and service execution. We create extraordinary experiences through personalized hospitality— it is all about the tiny details.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent earning potential
- Attainable bonus paid every other pay period
- Comprehensive training
- Two paid vacations annually
- Competitive benefits— 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- New store openings— several growth opportunities for all team members!
- Holiday closures— closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving Day; early closures on the Fourth of July, Christmas Eve, and Superbowl Sunday!