Hargray' s Mission - To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Then you should join the Hargray Communications team as a Solutions Architect.
General Description of Position:
The Solution Architect is responsible for understanding Hargray's business objectives, and ensuring they are achieved within the Enterprise OSS/BSS stack. This includes a wide range of design activities, covering system functions and interfaces, data flows, data structure and storage, solution dimensioning, virtualized execution environments, workflow and process design specification, as well as security. You will be expected to have hands-on technical and business experience with multi-vendor OSS/BSS Solutions and more generally experience with successfully designing, directing and implementing complex enterprise solutions. This role will work closely with business leadership, vendors and strategic partners in the development of blueprints and design artifacts to support digital transformation and ensure alignment with the reference TM Forum frameworks, architectures, models, APIs, and roadmap.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manages architecture-related activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges, defines vision and requirements for OSS/BSS solutions, recommends potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs, or prototype development), recommends the most optimal option, and develops roadmaps for selected solutions.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and vendors and collaborates and coordinates with business leadership, PMO (Program Management Office), vendors, Hargray Network Engineering and IT in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Able to lead the development of a solutions architecture program, including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose, but also closely align with the standards guidelines of TM Forum.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- In order to develop architecture solutions and evolving roadmaps, this role needs to collaborate with cross-functional areas of the business, including product management, sales & sales support, multi-channel operations, network engineering, inside & outside plant network operations, service delivery operations, dispatch & field operations, billing operations, accounting, finance and revenue management.
- Works with User Acceptance Test manager, to ensure UA test cases cover all solution design aspects
- Works closely with vendors and strategic partners in the development of blueprints and artifacts (e.g. High-Level Design document reviews) to support digital transformation and subsequent strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Analyzes current technologies used within the company and the new solution, to identify gaps and to provide recommendations to enhance both colleague and customer experiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision in a virtual environment
- Broad understanding of Telecommunication and IT topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style, to include teamwork and team building ability
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Desire to work on a high-performance team.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience. Master's in related field is preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in a Network, OSS/BSS or IT Management or similar information technology solution architecture role
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing architectures in large enterprise transformation projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint). Competent in Visio.
- Experience in developing and managing end-to-end architecture (BSS/OSS) solutions combined with cross-functional leadership experience.
- Strong functional knowledge of multiple BSS/OSS domains in the following areas: IVR/Call Management, Product Catalog, CRM, eCommerce/Digital Front End, Order Management, Workflow Management, Network Inventory, Asset Management, Work Force Management, Provisioning, Activation, Billing, Revenue Assurance, Mediation and Revenue Management and End-to-End Integration.
- Strong understanding of common business models (consumer, SMB, enterprise and carrier), network access technologies (Fiber, HFC, Copper, Fixed Wireless Access)
- Strong understanding of standard product architectures covering VoIP, Internet, TV and Carrier Ethernet services offered by wireline operators in consumer, SMB, enterprise and carrier business segments.
- Understanding of industry-standards related to IT and TM Forum.
- API analysis (data mapping)
- UML (data models, sequence diagrams) and BPMN (processes and workflows)
- General software development skills to effectively communicate with Developers (web services, SOAP/XML, JSON, languages (Java, Python, etc.), databases (SQL), Linux, Shell scripting, IDEs and building tools, Git, etc.)
- Virtualized/containerized software architectures, clouds (Azure, AWS, GC)
- Fixed telecoms (PON, HFC, DOCSIS, TR-069, legacy DSL, PPPoE, Ethernet, IP/MPLS, VPNs), voice/video/data services (including voice softswitches, IMS, IPTV), SDN/NFV
- OSS Assurance: network and service performance monitoring, QoE, performance metric definitions, SNMP
- General understanding of reporting, business intelligence, analytics, OLAP cubes