LogistiCare seeks a Software Engineer III. The Software Engineer III position is responsible for the design, development and support of new software applications for LogistiCare. The Software Engineer III takes an assigned project and works with business owners and IT support staff to create and implement the software product. They are responsible for documenting that design in functional and design specifications to ensure the product handles the users' needs. Once the design is complete, they code the software components to complete the project. They must show an expert level knowledge of the application development tools being used by the company to develop new software including programming languages, scripting languages, business process tool sets, data modeling and reporting tools.
After Completing the initial software development, the Software Engineer III must effectively unit test their work and then partner with the Quality Assurance group to test and fix bugs in the software. They must work with the IT Network group and end users to install the software and must follow up with end users to ensure the application is working properly.
A Software Engineer III must work well with others and be responsive to the business needs. They are required to be subject matter experts for a variety of products maintained by the software development group. The Software Engineer III is a group leader, self-sufficient, and is expected to resolve issues, propose solutions, assist the software development manager in project oversight, and mentor junior engineers.
- Develops and maintains applications with Embarcadero Delphi application development toolset.
- Provides technical guidance in sprint planning sessions and actively participates in design meetings for new systems, modules, and data layouts.
- Works with engineers, product management, and business stakeholders throughout the organization to translate business requirements into technical specifications. Researches and evaluates methods and techniques for solving problems.
- Contributes to standards and best practices around development processes, coding, and peer reviews.
- Supports the technical services team to resolve customer problems.
- Maintains quality, standards, and ensures the responsiveness of applications.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical computer discipline, Computer Science degree preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of industry experience.
- Expert level knowledge of all versions of Delphi, from Delphi 2007 to the current version (10.x) for database-backed application development.
- Follows a test-driven development process.
- Expert-level knowledge of a relational database, such as DB2, Oracle, or MySQL.
- Experience working with a modern source control system and a solid understanding of branching concepts.
- Experience working in an agile software development methodology and understands the use of industry-standard toolsets that support the application lifecycle management process.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-starter and detail-oriented individual.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently. Creative problem-solving skills.
- Background using the Atlassian suite of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Previous employment in the healthcare or insurance industry.
- Knowledge of EDI interfaces and HIPAA compliant transaction sets
- Previous employment in the healthcare or insurance industry
- Travel not required
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled