Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Software Engineer II REMOTE for a CONTRACT TO HIRE assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in Jacksonville, FL.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code must be used in the core version of applications available for sale commercially and not that which is customized to meet a specific client's implementation of the application.
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with the development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing applications before user acceptance.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Experience with major enterprise integrations.
- Experience with Node.js and Python is required.
- Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS preprocessors.
- Knowledge of HTTP: protocol, error codes, methods and design patterns is required.
- Experience with responsive design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile software methodology as well as end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development).
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts.
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach.
- **Minimum three years of experience building production quality cloud products preferred **
- ** Minimum one year of experience with AWS preferred **
- Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within the assigned line(s) of business is a plus.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of jQuery, Ember, React, Redux and Reactive are preferred.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com .
- provided by Dice