Position Title: Sr Onbase Software Engineer
Position Number: 361741
Location: Work at Home 99999
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Configuration Management, HL7, Troubleshooting
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: Sr Onbase Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Open to remote with in the continental US only.
Top non-negotiable technical and professional skills needed for a worker to hit the ground running:
Experienced Supporting OnBase Application including:
• Confident in all integration points and configuration between OnBase and Epic. Not only supporting, but pushing out new build integrations on brand new projects
• Confident in supporting the MRM OnBase Unity client build and integrations (non-Epic based healthcare applications)
• Confident with all HL7 template build and support. In addition a solid understanding of HL7 based 3rd party imports.
• Comfortable leading, building and supporting barcoding, advanced capture and all modalities of scanning from OnBase to Epic.
• Ability to monitor, support, train and lead existing build environments as well and new market build in an independent fashion.
• Strong understanding of all HIM related workflows, including but not limited to:
• ADT/Cadence scanning and associated workflows
• ROI processing
• Document Corrections / Merges
• Signature Deficiencies
• How OnBase integrates within all of the various Epic build teams for the integration to work correctly
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Senior Software Engineer strives to improve the user experience by implementing and/or enhancing applications of high complexity/enterprise wide cross functional program or project. They perform application build and configuration management functions or work directly with Software Development Engineers by writing technical specification documents for development, perform testing, and/or perform configuration management for the implementation, enhance or upgrades solutions on remise or in a cloud hosted environment.
The Senior Software Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in design, configuration and building on multiple projects, engaged in enterprise wide projects. The Senior Software Engineer leads efforts on documentation that describe process and procedures relating to the solution and transition operational support to Technical Analysts.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains solutions and may lead others on the team through the effort.
• Responsible for delivering project assignments of high complexity which includes application design, and configuration.
• Interacts with the customer user community in a courteous and professional manner to secure business requirements; perform technical requirements translation to meet business objectives.
• Participates or may leads the Product Release management functions which may include developing test plans, perform test plans, facilitating with end user for end user acceptance testing and may develop application validation scripts for ongoing operations team.
• Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and installation plans.
• Participates or May lead efforts to ensure to ensure application standards, policies, and procedures exist.
• Participates or May lead transition to operations functions to Technical Analysts resources for successful ongoing operational support.
• Participate or may lead in peer reviews of single facility or application focused configuration work to ensure it aligns to the business and technical requirements.
• Participates or may lead in application management activities for a single functional area to achieve project objectives.
• Participates or may lead in product lifecycle management, end user enhancement requests of high complexity, and technical aspects of the modules/applications that are assigned.
• Provides administrative, application configuration, performs unit and integration testing for highly complex projects) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
• Researches and recommends appropriate application management best practices, and tools.
• Responds to end user problems and develops/maintains strong, positive working relationships with the end user community.
• Assists in documenting business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques.
• Participates in developing training materials and training users on system functionality.
• Participates in Application feasibility and selection processes.
• Participates or may lead in designing system specifications, standards, and configuration.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, solution configuration and design.
• Protects the organization by keeping information confidential and safe.
• May be pulled into highly complex high severity issue management in rare situations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
10+ years’ experience working in IT as an Application Systems Analyst or Technical analyst type role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND TRAINING
• Excellent writing/documentation and communication skills
• Fast learner, quality consciousness and committed to providing exceptional customer service
• Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and software Experience working with project life cycle or project management methodologies required.
• 6 or more years’ experience application support, implementation or development experience with applications in a hospital or medical related industry is required.
• Expert level understanding and comfort leading business and technology partners through a structured deployment and/or implementation life cycle and support model. This includes technical requirement gather, specification development and creation of design and system test plans.
• Advanced understanding of technology projects and concepts as they relate to high level business objectives and ability to present those concepts to both IT And non-IT Audiences in concise and easily understandable manner is required.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills capable of communicating at executive levels within the organization is required. This includes the ability to present highly technical concepts, solutions, and issues in a manner business leaders can leverage to support their business vision.
• Exceptional presentation, technical writing and documentation skills are required.
• Capacity to leverage strong analytical and complex problem solving skills to recommend solutions.
• Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis is required.
• Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization is required. Ability to work independently and in a complex, matrixed and virtual team environment is required.
• Operational understanding and ability to work in a complex and matrix oriented team environment
• Ability to handle multiple moderate to complex projects, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines is required.
• Strong command of key productivity applications: Google Workspace, Microsoft Visio,
• Operational knowledge of interfaces/EDI, APIs, and evolving technology is desired.
• Ability to lead discussions with application and project team(s) to define testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with customer and system requirements is a desired skill.