PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL.
- The P-8 Training Systems team in Global Training Systems and Services (GTS&S) is currently seeking Senior Real Time Software Engineers to join their team in Jacksonville, FL. P-8 Training Systems is responsible for designing, developing, building and delivering flight training solutions to the warfighter. The flight simulators developed are not off the shelf video games but are high fidelity, tech heavy, fully immersive training machines that allow the warfighter to maintain their mission readiness in their pursuit to defend freedom around the world. The P-8 Poseidon is the anti-surface/submarine warfare aircraft of the future built on a commercial derivative airframe and outfitted to protect the waterways of the world.
- Are you interested in learning about this cutting edge aircraft platform while supporting the development of key training assets for the United States and our allies? If so, the P8 Training System Software team has an opportunity for you!
- Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
- The selected applicant will be a member of a high performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. These teams use Agile methodologies to support all aspects of product development, including project management.
- The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes.
- Are you ready to build the future? Build your career in Software Engineering?
- Develop P-8 vehicle simulation trainer software in an agile software development environment.
- Test Integrate both object-oriented software designs and non-object-oriented designs as appropriate to the feature being developed.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering, Test, and Integration teams to translate high level system and software requirements into low level software requirements.
- Clearly communicate technical information to other engineers and to management.
- Understand and execute within the boundaries of budget and schedule demands.
- Lead process design and implementation peer reviews and provide constructive feedback to drive high quality deliverable software.
- Serve as the lead engineer on projects as assigned and manage related project activity.
- Key Contributor to team shared process and “how to” documentation on the team wiki or other venue.
- Limited travel may be required depending on the job assignment.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. DoD Secret Clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Real-time operating systems and development of real-time software
- Windows and Linux/Red Hat based Software/Simulation Model Development
- Extensive Professional experience with C, C#, C++, Python, Java, scripting languages, Git, and MS Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Tactical communication networks simulation, programming, and services is a plus
- Automated testing and/or continuous integration is a plus
- Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other agile development experience (e.g. VersionOne)
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$