The Software Architect is responsible for architecting, analyzing, enhancing, and developing new or existing enterprise-wide software solutions that improve business processes and support business intelligence. Provides guidance to and mentors a team of programmers to implement software solutions in a timely manner. Provides advice and recommendations regarding technology solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consult with Managers and/or Business Analysts to gather information about system needs, objectives, functions, features, and other requirements; provide technical recommendations and solutions to managers and executives so that they can make informed decisions; communicate complicated technical terms into understandable business concepts.
- Architect software solutions to solve complex business problems within various technology stacks geared towards Microsoft .Net; ensure solutions meet business needs and improve efficiencies.
- Provide technical application support for existing enterprise software systems and processes; correspond with business and other technical resources via ticket queues, email, phone, and face to face communication as issues arise.
- Architect and develop software enhancements as needed; test system changes and debug code as issues/errors arise.
- Mentor, train, and provide technical expertise and leadership to programmers as directed by Enterprise Systems Solutions Management; ensure programmers are following standards and are meeting expected deliverable timelines and requirements.
- Execute and assist with code reviews.
- Interface on a regular basis with key business users and management regarding ongoing projects and support requests.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program architecture, development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to business users and other technical staff as needed.
- Work with Enterprise Systems Solutions Management and other senior IT leadership to establish a vision and goals for Pearl's information technology; recommends new technologies to senior IT leadership
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; 10+ years software development programming experience, 5+ years of experience designing, architecting, developing and implementing medium or large-sized software solutions; 5+ years of experience with gathering and interpreting business requirements; 2+ years of experience leading a team of programmers; 2+ years of experience with software development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interface with both technical and business team members at all levels within an organization
- Knowledge and experience with project management processes, quality assurance processes, and IT Service Management processes.