Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Small Engine Mechanic
Job Location: NS Mayport, Jacksonville, FL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform various mechanical tasks to maintain the grounds equipment for the NS Mayport property.
- Repair/Fuel fractional-horsepower gasoline/Diesel engines used to power lawnmowers, garden tractors, and similar machines, using hand tools
- Troubleshoot equipment, dismantle engines using hand tools, and examine/test parts for defects, replaces or repairs parts, such as rings and bearings, cleans and adjusts carburetor and magneto, change oil in equipment, sharpens Mower Blades
- Remove engines from equipment, and position and bolt engines to repair stands.
- Grind, ream, rebore, and re-tap parts to obtain specified clearances, using grinders, lathes, taps, reamers, boring machines, and micrometers.
- Maintain records associated to equipment repair and preventative maintenance performed such as repairs made, time spent, and parts used. Coordinates with project management office for procurement of equipment and parts necessary to maintain/obtain equipment.
- Provide instructional guidance and training to laborers on the proper/safe use of the different equipment.
- Perform various grounds laborer duties such as but not limited to: Cut grass or weeds, trim hedges, hand weed-puling, edging, tie down equipment and cargo loads, operate hand sweepers for sweeping, and rake, bag, and remove leaves and other natural debris as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- Specialized experience preferred and/or formal vocational/technical training.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.