Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest,Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customersu2014 banks and retailersu2014 so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go u2018round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500u00AE Index. Named a 2016 u201CWorld's Most Admired Companyu201D by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The ServiceNow team works to help support and develop the ServiceNow platform. The candidate will work directly with the customer to understand their needs and requirements, to propose solutions to business problems and help direct the technical delivery of the ServiceNow technology. The role involves working closely with the team including IT managers, the technology organization and departments throughout the business to champion the ServiceNow product, whilst striving to meet new business requirements. The team and our customer base are distributed globally.
In this role you'll be responsible for support and development of ServiceNow. You'll challenge customer requirements to identify and prioritize optimal solutions, provide hands-on technical delivery of cost-effective ServiceNow solutions using a range of technical skills, and provide focused guidance to all support teams and assist in their training and knowledge development. Part of the role is to ensure the company obtains the most benefit from its investments in the ServiceNow product. You'll be responsible for the product development and integrations, ensure they meet requirements, and run engagement across the full product lifecycle including design, development, testing and release and support. You'll support the product roadmap development and management, and be responsible for ITSM technical authoring and documentation.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
The role suits an individual with ServiceNow or other ITSM Tools support and development experience with knowledge of both ITIL and Agile. Previous experience in ITSM within a financial service organization would be an advantage. You'll have proven customer support experience in an IT operations environment including management of own workstack comprising incidents, changes and problem records and escalation procedures.
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements, and develop and implement products to meet the requirements.
- Work with Internal customers for requirement clarifications and architecting solution designs.
- Design solutions leveraging Domain Separation within the ServiceNow platform
- Contribute in team design reviews and code reviews with other teams and team members
- Develop solutions that require complex scripting within the ServiceNow Platform leveraging Jelly, Java scripting leveraging the Glide APIs
- Design and develop integrations of other in-house developed and 3rd party system tools and applications with ServiceNow.
- Configure the ServiceNow solution to meet identified business requirements, process guides and functional requirements.
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution build and provide configuration options to meet specific requirements identifying respective pros and cons for each option.
- Create and maintain development standards and guidelines
- Create and maintain integration standards and guidelines
- Ensure that ServiceNow standard best-practices are utilized for all configurations and customizations. Provide insight and expertise into the ServiceNow configuration based on previous work experiences and education.
- Provide training for tool functionality both in person and through using other virtual methods.
- Actively support the Program Team by acting as main focal point when queries arise around process design, functional specifications, test planning, tool functionalities and capabilities.
- Document the technical requirements and as built documentation.
- Participate in project meetings/daily scrums and communicate development status.
- Support multiple instances of the platform including Development, QA, and Production.
- Analyze System log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document highly complex programs. Ability to develop complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Research information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements. Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Support project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Work closely with the business analysts and development team to assist in the appropriate extension, integration or development of the platform. Develop, publish and maintain statistical, management and custom reports.
- Analyzing, creating proof of concepts, designing, developing and customizing business applications
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise ServiceNow framework.
- Perform and oversee code deployments between instances
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs.
- 24/7 support of the ServiceNow platform which also includes monitoring, maintaining and resolving tickets through the queue management process.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Requires 3-6 years of ServiceNow development experience including managing ServiceNow New York version or above.
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows.
- Solid understanding of SDLC processes
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Effective writing skills with the ability to document application configurations, system design and architecture, and workflow designs.
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as within team projects
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively with customers, system administrators, team members and management and use sound judgment when considering enterprise impacts of technical decisions.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, management and customers in geographically dispersed locations and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow Security features, administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs.
- Knowledge of CMDB, Business Services Maps, and knowledge of ServiceNow UI tools such as Service Portal.
- Should have in-depth configuration and development knowledge across all core ServiceNow modules - IM, PM, CM, KM, CMDB, Discovery, Catalog, Portal, SLAs, Integration with other systems.
- Working knowledge of the APIs, web services and standard relational database concepts required.
- Experience working with source control integration of ServiceNow with GIT.
- Experience working with Jelly scripting, Glide API, Java scripting and working knowledge of various JS frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
- Ability to create technical documentation including UML diagrams, integration flow diagrams, and ERD diagrams
- Candidate must have some knowledge with the ServiceNow Platform and the ability to troubleshoot and restore the application.
- Candidate must be ServiceNow Certified System Administrator and ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.
- Experience with database design schemas and data modelling.
- Strong web application development with Java based server environments such as Apache Tomcat.
- SQL Experience a plus
- Strong requirements gathering experience. Ability to work with business users and clients
- A background in IT Service Management, CRM or BPM software is highly desirable
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.