Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the Experience Design team, User Experience represents the voice of the consumer in creating and optimizing digital consumer experiences across Optum’s suite of digital products with consideration for the broader omnichannel experience. We focus on defining and solving cross-product consumer experience problems and designing our core capabilities that enable digital transformation across the Optum member ecosystem.
The Senior UX Designer creates detailed visual and interaction design while considering all aspects of the user experience including: Information architecture, heuristic analysis and UX research for the Optum consumer-facing digital experiences. In this role you will deliver against a large portfolio of initiatives, ensuring they meet business and experience objectives, are useful, easy to use and enjoyable to Optum consumers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the design of new and existing digital experiences for the Optum consumer from ideation to prototype, including design frameworks, conceptual design, wireframes, interaction design, visual design, design specifications and research
- Distill broad experience vision and principles into design opportunities and strategies to solve
- Translates abstract concepts and problems into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, and rapid prototypes for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Advocate for innovative, consumer-centric and consistent experiences through an understanding of our products within the many channels we influence; Online, Mobile, Telephonic, Social, In-person, Email, Mail, etc. and seeing how they fit together to create the best experience for our consumers
- Work collaboratively with the experience design team to understand key user needs and business goals, ideate new concepts that meet the needs of both users and the business while stretching our creativity
- Ability to seek, analyze, apply and advocate based on consumer insights (user data, analytics and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape digital consumer experiences through the entire suite of products both for Optum’s consumers as well as Optum’s users (e.g. nurses and wellness coaches)
- Develop and provide successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings and design best practices
- Work collaboratively with development and accessibility teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our product design for consumers
- Willingness to constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences
- Drives and evangelizes design thought leadership in the organization
- Drive for innovation and testing with a bias toward action
- Mentors and develops talent within the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in human computer interaction (HCI), interaction design, graphic design, and / or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in digital consumer UX or product design field
- 4+ years of professional hands-on experience working with design tools to create comps and prototypes (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision, among others)
- 4+ years of experience practicing design thinking, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design
- 4+ years of experience interacting cross-functionally and with varying levels of organizational leadership
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience creating modern search capabilities
- Understanding of basic front-end technologies such as HTML and CSS, and how design comps translate to code
- Exceptional design talents and a portfolio that evidences stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter and cross-channel expertise in creating user-centric digital experiences for web and mobile
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem-solving skills
- Strong digital experience capability and command of usability and design principles, and digital channel / product best practices
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Understanding of designing for Accessibility standards WCAG / 508
- Exhibit a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness, and works well with ambiguity
- Human-centered design proficiency
- Experience in using A / B and multi-variate testing information and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level user-facing and internal systems, including CMS, commerce, and device integration
- Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping up to date with the latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior UX/UI Designer, User Experience, UX, Design, Product