Senior Staff Accountant - Hybrid - Jacksonville, FL
Pet Paradise is currently searching for a Sr. Staff Accountant to join the HQ Team in Jacksonville, Florida. The Staff Accountant is responsible for account reconciliations, Month-End/Year-End Close duties and identifying efficiencies in the AP and close processes.
Essential Functions of the Sr. Staff Accountant include:
- Process transactions in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording transactions properly.
- Reconcile the sub ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve issues.
- Reconcile high-volume accounts.
- Data summarization and analysis for efficient recording financial data
- Establish records of accounts, prepare and input journal entries as necessary.
- Resolve disputes between vendors and follow up on payments.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management, finance, etc.
- Reconcile GL to Expense Cards.
- Reconcile GL to bank account activity.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes as needed.
- Communicate effectively with team to ensure timely financial reporting.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Working knowledge of ASC 842 Lease accounting.
- Proven working experience in an accounting function.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Quickbooks experience is preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Three to five years of prior Accounting experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (30 non-holidays per year)
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- On-demand pay (DailyPay)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Community Perks (Discount Program)
Pet Paradise is a rapidly growing pet care company which has distinguished itself through its comprehensive and unique guest experience. Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise has more than 50 locations in operation or under development and 1,600 employees across nine states with plans of doubling its footprint over the next several years. In addition to keeping pets healthy and happy with services for boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary care, Pet Paradise is passionate about shaping a new kind of pet care- the kind of complete pet care that centers around making sure our 'guests' can live their happiest, healthiest, longest life possible.