Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Work with the authoring tool’s Product, UX and Development teams to implement a state-of-the-art CDS authoring tool. This includes initial feature creation and ongoing enhancements. Reporting to the Product Manager, you will work with the Technical Lead and other developers to execute product development.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with an interest in building a highly scalable Authoring clinical decision platform
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to analyze user needs and business requirements
- Collaborate with other team members, participating in architecture discussions and team code reviews
- Design, develop, and test new user-facing using React.js
- Take your turn in providing production support & monitoring the performance of production systems. Troubleshoot/fix issues that arise with deployed software
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Provide cross functional support for development, testing and operations
- Implement code quality process and build automation framework for unit and integration/component level tests
- Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps
- These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience (equivalent equals 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree)
- Experience with GraphQL, or other API technologies such as but not limited to REST
- Experience with Postgres, or other similar relational database systems
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Typescript, and Webpack
- Proven automated testing skills, both unit and integration tests.
- Proven software design skills, especially object-oriented design
- Experienced in and enjoy working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in architecting and implementing solutions using infrastructure from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, or something similar
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare background
- Some functional programming experience is a plus
- Experienced with Jest and Cypress
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.