Premier health and fitness shop in Chicago is hiring for a Software Engineer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sydney Weaver
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We exist to inspire people to transform their lives. -Because we believe that active, social people lead happier, healthier lives -Because we are passionate about people becoming the best versions of themselves -Because we believe in the positive impact people can make in their families and communities if they feel good about themselves. This is premier health and fitness like you've never seen before. Personal attention for every member. Active communities. Boutique fitness experiences around every corner. Resort-like environments to enjoy. The Midtown advantage is unmatched.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class IT team at our Chicago headquarters. This is a local remote or position with the occasional, quarterly get togethers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help lead the digital transformation of our core applications and services. As we pursue a large undertaking over the next 3 to 5 years to transform all our technology platforms, we look to build a strong strategy for scaling, modernizing, and automating all applications and processes involved. This very hands-on technical role will collaborate with company-wide departments and teams to design, develop, and support applications and services for the future.
Why join us?
Members of this team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance
- And more
- Integrate enterprise systems while in close discussions with other information technology leaders.
- Make development decisions while considering our long-term strategy and vision.
- Provide technical expertise over the course of the software development life cycle.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Assist in automating the building and deployment of our applications.
- Contribute to the strategy around data security and data governance.
- Design applications and services for high availability while supporting a hybrid (on-prem/cloud) infrastructure.
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-8+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years in a lead engineer capacity.
- Understanding of cloud application functions: containerization, container orchestration, messaging services, webhooks, and low code development.
- Experience with development around Azure cloud resources including Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps and API Management.
- Proven experience with service-oriented architectures and methodologies including REST and SOAP APIs and/or associated data formats (XML, JSON).
- Proficient hands-on experience creating and maintaining relational database concepts with MS SQL Server. Experience with data warehousing technologies such as Databricks and Azure Synapse Analytics a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience with various collaboration tools: Azure DevOps, JIRA, and/or MS Teams.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Eager to work with multiple teams and projects at the same time.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.