Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining a rapidly expanding team to help manage the growing client-base in the Risk, Credit and Lending Development and DevOps portfolio. The successful candidate will work remotely until it's safe to return to onsite at which time a mixed approach may be an option. There will be an on-call element required to support our clients daily use of FIS Commercial Loan Origination while also contributing to the core development of the product when not supporting clients.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
u2022 Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
u2022 Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
u2022 Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
u2022 Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
u2022 Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
u2022 Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
u2022 Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
u2022 May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
u2022 May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
u2022 Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- OO development experience (OOPS, Design Patterns) with strong .Net/Core/C# skills/ASP.Net Core WebAPI. Understanding of patterns like MVVM, GOF, SOLID, Async
- Good design skills using Microservices ,n-layer/tier, onion architectures (Async. Patterns , Services, business & data layers), leveraging workflow (sequential and state machine) systems and Plug in solutions(Manage extensibility framework), Queue systems as RabbitMQ
- Experience in writing data access components using various Data Access techniques(Entity Framework, Unit of Work, Repository) and writing optimized SQL
- Experience in developing u201Con Demandu201D and u201Con Premiseu201D solutions and should be conversant in metering, multi-tenancy, multi entity, scalability cloud design concepts with experience in AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum, Continuous integration, Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD
- Experience in providing solutions to integrate disparate systems using message-based communications (SOAP, REST) and ESB(Enterprise Service Bus)
- Experience in addressing nonfunctional requirement (NFR) of solution: Security(AAA concept, Claims based authentication, service federation), Scalability(Scale up, Scale out, NLB's, CLBs), Logging, Auditing, Quality, Reliability
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skill
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
- Experience in developing core versions of software applications for sale to external clients is essential
Added bonus if you have:
u2022 Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
u2022 Knowledge of financial services industry
u2022 Experienced in end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
u2022 Willingness to serve in a Client Development Support role with an on-call component 5 days a week
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities;
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
- The opportunity to make your mark in rapidly growing team, with plenty of scope for career progression;
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.