As a Senior Software Engineer, he will be accountable for building new, data-intensive software products and applications that are focused on bringing the healthcare data together. These products are mostly analytical in nature and we use advanced technologies in big data space to provide a cutting-edge solution to solve business problems. The candidate filling this role will be expected to work on automation efforts delivering automation solutions for common repeatable tasks using DevOps related technologies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development & testing.
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Experience with heavy focus on automation using Agile and DevOps model
- Experience in Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration systems (CI/CD – Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube)
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business.
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data. Big data technologies include Hive, Sqoop, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Elastic, Cassandra, oozie, Hadoop, MapR FS.
- Build micro service driven products using open shift or Kubernetes, dockers,
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery.
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production.
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates.
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development.
- Responsible to implement data into data lake using reusable, configurable framework
- Guiding and mentoring junior engineers within the organization
Technologies You Would Work With:
- Big Data with Spark and Scala
- Apache Kafka
- Elastic Search
- HBase and Hive
- MapR FS
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of equivalent experience in a related field
- A passion for engineering and a consistent record of delivering great software
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise with Java stack
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data Application Development specific skills : Java , Big Data with Spark and Scala, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, HBase and Hive, Sqoop, HBase, MapR DB, MapReduce, HDFS, Kubernetes / OpenShift, MapR FS, Docker & Oozie
- Solid Knowledge on CI/CD
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of scalable API services
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Clear and concise communication, able to articulate clearly
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Healthcare experience
- Build innovative solutions
- Automated testing frameworks
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Telecommute, Telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home, work at home, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Senior Software, Engineer