Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Senior Scrum Project Manager will be responsible to drive software development activities using the Agile Scrum framework. Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical software projects. Senior Scrum Project Manager duties may be focused on:
- The development of new or upgraded products and services
- Internal information system-specific projects that may involve the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out
- Delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients; or
- Delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through the use of technology, which may include customizations to base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other Black Knight or third-party products, or consulting projects and engagements.
Typically involves extensive interactions with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams. May work at client sites from time to time.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures Scrum teams are practicing and following core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, continuous improvement, transparency and empiricism.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Ensures the formal Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily standups, refinements, review and retrospectives) are adhered to within each sprint.
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure product backlog Features, User Stories and Tasks are prioritized by the PO and maintained by the team at all times.
- Identifies needed resources for projects; defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field- based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in Black Knight and/or in client organizations.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams, and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
A strong technical background is required to manage technical projects and handle competing interests. Active pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus or have the equivalent level of education and experience for the job level.
At least one Agile Certification is required for this position (e.g. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Scaled Agile Framework Practitioner (SAFe-SP), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or other similar Agile certifications)
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Scrum Master experience required, 3-5 years
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and different Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe)
- Skilled with various Agile tools a plus (i.e. Rally, Jira, Version One Confluence, Agile Central)
- In depth Agile knowledge with the ability to coach others on Agile practices and principles
- Experience as a Coach or Scrum Master for multiple distributed teams both on and offshore a plus
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry
- Previous hands on experience with application development and support projects, as well as banking and/or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project)
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Project Manager IV - Technical
Expert/lead role. Expert knowledge of project management and advanced technical knowledge. Works on complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individual's high level of knowledge within the technical project management specialty. May coach and/or mentor more junior project management and support staff. Generally manages very large projects or medium client programs (i.e., approximately 30,000 to 100,000 project hours with a team of 60 to 150 team members, an internal cost of $3,000,000 to more than $5,000,000, and a project duration of 6 to 18 months) of high risk, high complexity, high client and/or Black Knight visibility, and the relationship is strategic to the Black Knight portfolio. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires more than ten (10) years of work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry OR in a related technical field (e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 3 - 5 years of experience working as a Scrum Master.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.