Property Resolution Specialist Sr.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIESPRIMARY PURPOSE:
To work with insureds and contractors to investigate and resolve issues involving contractor performance associated with building repairs to the insured's home.
- Investigates and confirms warranty coverage upon notice from a homeowner or carrier regarding the repairs to their home.
- Develops action plans to resolve disputes involving contractor performance associated with building repairs.
- Negotiates resolution of issues involving contractor performance associated with building repairs.
- Obtains approval for expenditures involving building repair warranty resolutions.
- Produces correspondence and reports.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Associate's Degree preferred.
Three (3) years Homeowner Insurance Claims experience or similar experience in the field of Construction dealing with insurance repair/mitigation claims.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Xactimate required
- Strong knowledge of building repair practices/restoration
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Detailed oriented
- Customer service oriented with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer