Senior Project Manager - Healthcare
Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL US (Primary)
Hoefer Welker has openings for Project Managers with experience in the Healthcare industry, reporting to the Principal-In-Charge. Key responsibilities include project management, medical planning and design, design team leadership, client and consultant coordination, and budget, scope, and schedule compliance. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of healthcare design requirements, codes, standards, and current trends.
- Lead and communicate with subcontractors and vendors for the successful execution and delivery of projects.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with the project team, while providing leadership to include professional development and mentoring of staff.
- Assist senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services and consultant contracts.
- Consult with client to determine function and special requirements and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Consistently provide complete and timely communication of project information between client and internal project teams as well as consultants, contractors, to ensure project details and technical or critical issues are carried out at all levels of contract administration.
- Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Vision tools; complete work plans per HW standard processes and format, including identification of project team members, budget, project scope, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and costs as well as additional services or other actions.
- Assist in preparation of project presentations and conducts schematic, design development and contract document work sessions with clients and consultants.
- Review documents for adherence to building and accessibility codes. Ensure project documentation and contracts are in compliance with the standards set forth by Hoefer Welker Architecture.
- Responsible for construction document adherence to design intent and financial profitability of projects.
- Ensures Quality Assurance Program is initiated and adhered to through the life of the project.
- Identifies new business opportunities, listens for and seeks out new projects which may exist or are being formulated, while developing current client relationships.
- Participate in select marketing and business development opportunities and may assist in development of fee proposals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with consultants, contractors and applicable agencies
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or equivalent in education or experience, Master's degree preferred. Minimum 10-15 years experience in architectural practice as a project manager on healthcare projects in all phases. Experience in design-build, developer driven focus preferred. Experience in IPD within the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Architectural registration required with current license, NCARB registration preferred. LEED Green Associate Accreditation desired.
Candidate must be proficient in Revit, NewForma, and Microsoft Office. Deltek Vantagepoint and AutoCAD knowledge preferred. Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, meet deadlines, and have strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application and manufacturer-suppler appropriateness. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be detail oriented and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems and sustainability
- Integrated design and LEED guidelines is necessary
- IPD process understanding is preferred