Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Project Manager in Jacksonville, Florida (FL).
Senior IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. Senior IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures.) They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Senior IT Project Managers are assigned to projects with multiple interdependencies and of moderate complexity, scope, risk and impact to the business.
Essential Functions: The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned:
- Manage projects with internal and external dependencies, moderate scope, risk of moderate severity & impact, integration within functional capabilities, moderate cost and typically longer duration within more than one team of resources
- Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actual cost and overall financial management for assigned projects
- Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating multiple project plans and approving plans
- May mentor Junior IT Project Managers
- Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion
- Participates in change initiatives including tasks and initiatives outside of specific job duties such as BRM workgroups
- Responsible for developing and reviewing detailed project plans and tracking financial information