S&H Systems is a single-source, full-service systems integration company delivering dependable material handling systems, software, and post-sale support since 2002. We are looking for a Sr. Project Engineer with a passion for developing material handling solutions on behalf of our customers to enable them to achieve their business goals. We are looking for a candidate with experience in conveyor systems, storage solutions, goods-to-man technology, and holistic material handling process flow. In this role, you will oversee the design and procurement process for assigned projects including delivering an overall system design to meet business objectives, budget, profitability, schedule, and design intent for the project. You are detail-orientated, and your passion for the customer leads to a high level of accurate and quality output. Successful candidates have experience in preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will receive full support from the management and leadership teams to grow your technical skills.
Senior Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Deliver an overall system design and concept to meet the business objectives, profitability, schedule, and design intent for the proposal.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements as well as perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, etc.) and report regularly on project status.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer development, sales, engineering, operations, vendor, and safety teams to ensure a high-level of detail and thoroughness are achieved in every project.
- In conjunction with the Project Engineering manager, evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Monitor compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform necessary calculations (angles, weights, dimensions, rates, speeds, etc.) to ensure quality system designs.
- Generate engineered system layouts and details (air piping, support loads, structural drawings, schematics, permit sets, installation drawings, etc.)
- Coordinate vendor information to assist in system design.
- Generate Operations/Maintenance Manuals, purchase requisitions, and order details for equipment and services.
- Analyze customer data to determine system requirements.
- Develop material flow diagrams and process flow charts.
- Effectively communicate with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- Travel up to 25% domestically.
- der or project engineer