UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Network Pricing Consultant, you will support and validate provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting including value based contracting arrangements (i.e. Shared Savings, Risk Models, Accountable Care Organizations). This position will conduct analysis using large sets of utilization and cost data in support of on-going medical/cost trend identification. Meet and engage with internal and external partners to effectively communicate these findings and invoke action and track progress with our providers.
The position within HCE Network Pricing will interact frequently with United Health Networks, United Clinical Services, HCE Medical Informatics, Healthcare Providers, and others to support the analytic needs for executed agreements and negotiations in the Central Region.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret and analyze financial and clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
- Provide claims, provider, and membership data in support of affordability, trend and utilization analyses
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare utilization and cost data
- Develop and manage to business plans that include both clinical and financial objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts and conclusions in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Presentation of quarterly and annual financial performance and other work product to internal and external customers
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in a corporate setting
- 5+ years of proficiency in financial and / or clinical healthcare analytics with advanced knowledge of Medical claims detail
- At least intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, pivot functions
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience analyzing very large data sets
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: Senior Network Pricing Consultant - Telecommute, SQL, SAS, Financial, Healthcare Analytics, Clinical, Medical Claims, Healthcare Industry, Network Pricing, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Jacksonville, FL, Florida