The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Senior Medical Secretary for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: $16-$18/hr depending on experience
Location: Downtown Jacksonville
Contract period: 3 month temporary contract to start with potential to convert based on business need
- Maintains physician files, calendars, schedules and arranges meetings
- Arranges travel, prepares itineraries, completes travel reimbursement documentation and submits necessary paperwork
- Respond to all communications and requests from the Chair's office, Division Chief and division faculty members in an accurate and timely fashion, meeting all set deadlines
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date physician schedules, prepare and distribute accurate minutes for divisional faculty meetings and other meetings as requested. Intermediate to advances skills required in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Prepare, edit and distribute correspondences. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist faculty in preparation and submission, within establishes deadlines, of accurate Annual Faculty Performance Reviews. Annual Division Reports, Mid-Career Review Packets, Promotion and Tenure Packets and other documents as needed, which requires ability to work in Word templates and adhere to University guidelines and formatting instructions.
- Serve as support staff to the divisional search committee. Responsible for scheduling recruitment visits, preparation of interview itinerary for divisional faculty candidates, to include processing expense and reimbursement requests. Adhere to University, state and federal equity compliance requirements. Assist faculty in meeting new hire requirements.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files
- Maintain sufficient and working inventory of administrative office supplies and administrative office equipment includes ordering and disposal/transfer per fiduciary responsibility and appropriate policies
- Process all payment and reimbursement requests in timely fashion to ensure all accounts remain current, to include general operational funds, Deans Fund, PEA, PSA, travel reimbursement, moving expenses and other funds as required. Processes check requests and extra duty. Prepares and processes Resident/Fellow Extra Duty.
- Computer literate with proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Database management
- Transcription equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology