Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
If you are a Senior Manager - Software Engineering who takes pride in what you deliver and passionate about building highly scalable and resilient applications, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a manager who can help us modernize our healthcare cloud identity provider system within Optum Digital.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide engineering leadership and day to day management functions of one or more scrum teams
- Lead the architecture evolution and platform modernization for existing infrastructure ensuring maximum reliability
- Create innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and to improve the overall health and reliability of the applications
- Implement best practices and coding standards
- Deliver product features incrementally while maintaining the big picture view
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team
- Contribute / lead in strategy discussions for modernization and feature enrichment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in providing engineering leadership to small/medium size engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience with Java or JVM languages such as Kotlin
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 4+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 4+ years of experience in building microservices, Spring boot preferred
- 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 2+ years of cloud experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Local to Basking Ridge, NJ or Eden Prairie, MN
- Related education in computer science or IT niche
- Experience in Identity and Access management software development using one or more of commercial vendor tools like PingFederate or open source tools in this space.
- Experience in Java, Kotlin, Spock, Docker, Azure, AWS, Jenkins, Grafana, Splunk
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Healthcare industry experience
- Application Security experience and knowledge of IAM federation and OpenID Connect protocols
- UI development experience using modern SPA frameworks
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: senior manager software engineering, software engineer, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home, remote