Our client has an immediate need for a Senior/Lead Full Stack Engineer to help build a single source of truth for all data that are fully connected and version controlled. The ideal candidate is an experienced full-stack engineer who enjoys building end-to-end systems and building them from the ground up. This is a 100% Remote Position.
The candidate will collaborate with our software developers, data engineers, and data scientists on projects ranging from ad hoc research to deploying and monitoring production machine learning models. The candidate will be responsible for building tools and applications for data-centric systems, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop execution engines and backend services using RESTful API conventions and a microservices approach
- Build and maintain scalable web applications
- Oversee and mentor more junior engineers
- Develop with web frameworks such as Node.js, AngularJS, React, Vue, and JQuery
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data flows, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Engineering duties include technical design, implementation, testing, support and participation in peer code reviews.
- Collaborate and interact with multiple engineering and Product teams for the end-to-end implementation of new tools and applications.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field, or 15+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the development of Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems.
- Experience in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI.
- Strong knowledge of development with SQL databases.
- Experience mentoring junior team members in a high-performing teams
- Experience in coding with at least one - Java / Kotlin / Scala / Python.
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - GIT, Docker.
Experience using the following software/tools:
- Serverless Architecture - FaaS, DBaaS.
- Web Frameworks - SpringBoot and React, Angular, Vue, Flask, Django.
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - GIT and Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Bigdata Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto etc.
- AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, Glue etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Container Management Service - Amazon ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or similar.
- Experience in AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, etc.
- Messaging queue JMS, Kafka, Kinesis, or equivalent.
- Data pipelines using AWS Glue, Google Cloud Platform Data Flow, Airflow, Luigi.
- Bigdata Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto, etc.