Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group, a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm, brings 50 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of health and human services consulting, The Lewin Group provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a solid commitment to Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
At OSC/Lewin, we help federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs, make informed policy choices, and implement critical initiatives. OSC/Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, program planning and development, technical assistance, implementation, post-implementation analytics, and evaluations, OSC/Lewin supports current program activities, informs future program investments and supports strategic decision processes that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Directing and managing large projects or a series of smaller projects
- Design and conduct studies that require advanced empirical methods or mixed quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Responsibility for project budget management, deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision
- Managing several direct reports
- Leading proposals
- Lead research reports for technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Advanced degree in Health Services Research, Economics, Business, Public Health, or related field
- 5+ years post graduate experience in healthcare research and policy analysis
- 3+ years of experience managing mid-largescale projects including staff, budget and subcontractor management, timelines, deliverables and client management experience OR 5+ years working with federal or state health policy and programs and/or clients
- Demonstrated quantitative research skills in one of the following areas: applied microeconomics, labor economics, applied econometrics, health policy, program evaluation
- Conversant with the policies and institutions that define the US health care system
- Ability to explain complex economic and analytic concepts to non-technical audiences
- Client engagement experience and development skills, including federal and/or state clientele
- Business development experience, including leading technical proposals and/or grants
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Solid econometric modeling skills
- Experience analyzing large administrative data
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economist, Economist, quantitative, microeconomics, labor economics, applied econometrics, health policy, program evaluation, healthcare, policy analysis, econometric modeling, data, Falls Church, VA, Virginia, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote