You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've build a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. Your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this role, you'll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
This position will be accountable for designing and developing reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. The individual will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Minnetonka, MN office preferred.
- Lead and collaborate with team members to deliver actionable data to internal and external partners
- Interpret and analyze claims, capitation, membership data, and recommend best approaches in support of underwriting, actuarial and utilization analyses
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Performs complex data validation and conceptual analyses
- Create and update automated processes within client databases
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer group
- Serves as subject matter expert to health plans in support of value base contracting strategy
- Provides management with statistical findings, explanations, and conclusions
- Reviews data extraction and analytics of other analysts on the team
- Interpret and analyze data and recommend best approaches
- Performs complex data validation and conceptual analyses
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to data analysis and financial reporting
- Prepare and oversee target models in support of customer requests, following contracting guidelines
- Complete and oversee physician scorecard reports according to terms of VBC agreements and present to Health Plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Actuarial Math, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics capacity and evidence of creative, proactive problem solving
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry preferably with exposure to Medical claims data
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel and PowerPoint including Pivot Tables, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, and VLOOKUPs
- Beginner to intermediate level proficiency with SQL, SAS, R and/or other statistical programs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Medicaid experience
- Familiarity with SMART or other claims platform
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare, Actuary, Math, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Analyze, Medical Claims, SQL, SAS, Database, Validation, Medicaid, Minnetonka, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work From Home, Work At Home