Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
If you are located in Western US you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Key expert in priority blue chips and supporting work streams across Optum Care PacWest, Operations, IT, Finance and in partnership with all local care services businesses
- Provide thought leadership in driving strategic initiatives leading to stronger delivery and operations
- Demonstrate strong skill set in preparing presentation materials to communicate a clear and compelling value story
- Develop and create internal and strategic information and relevant materials
- Drive fast paced, strategic initiatives across Optum Care Pacific West region to promote overall business collaboration and achievement of business goals
- Work collaboratively as part of geographically dispersed cross functional teams
- Execute against tight timelines and within an environment of organizational change
- Prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate solid skills with Advanced Word, Advanced PowerPoint, Standard Excel with attention to detail
- Present to large groups, confidence to speak on behalf of leadership team in meetings leveraging an adaptive leadership and communication style
- Manage competing and conflicting priorities, ambiguity, and short deadlines
- Demonstrate and operate with high degree of flexibility, professionalism, and urgency
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Undergraduate degree (4 years of experience beyond what is stated in the minimum qualifications can be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- 10+ years of experience in health industry experience and/or in a large complex matrixed organization
- 7+ years of experience in leadership role (i.e. accountability for driving for financial, business cases, NPS and/or blue-chip goals)
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience, principally in a strategy and planning role
- Experiences handling highly confidential / sensitive information in a professional and discreet manner
- Experience in coordinating & facilitating important events such as strategy meetings, customer meetings, leader off sites – including agenda setting, deck creation, speaker prep
- Success working in a highly matrixed environment
- Intermediate proficiency within Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly skilled at developing business presentations for executive-level audiences and developing messaging around business strategies
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting and solid understanding of operations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Strong analytical skills; has hands-on experience; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Strong communicator; capable of effectively presenting ideas; excellent writer, proven ability to communicate effectively with executive-level leaders; ability to quickly understand needs and act on those needs; ability to conceptualize and effectuate change management and 'out-of-the-box' thinking
- Proven ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals, influence and lead without authority
- Demonstrated leadership and hands-on experience, ability to mentor talent and motivate others, provide work direction, attract and retain top talent
- Passion for transforming healthcare, strong program management skills, and the ability to work effectively across multiple matrixed shared services and external partner
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Director IT Planning and Strategy, IT Planning, IT Strategy, El Segundo, CA, California, Seattle, WA, Washington, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Denver, CO, Colorado, Salt Lake City, UT, Uttah
Sacramento, CA, California, Work At Home, WAH, Work From Home, WFH