No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services is seeking a service-oriented Director, Healthcare Managed Analytics to provide subject matter expertise in the area of clinical analytics, clinical data storytelling, and adoption of data-driven insights. The Director will be responsible for supporting end-to-end delivery of managed analytics deals. Key activities include leveraging clinical expertise to support diagnostic assessments of client analytics functions and transformation agendas designed to create high-value analytics organizations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Act as a subject matter expert in provider managed analytics deals to assess the maturity of an organization’s analytics program and architect a future state solution as part of a broader long-term partnership
- Provide deep clinical expertise around acute and ambulatory health system analytics to enhance clinical operations through data storytelling and data translation
- Direct responsibility for the delivery oversight of large-scale program execution
- Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk
- Convey the value story of managed analytics with organizations moving into value-based care
- Build relationships with clients to develop managed analytics programs with a service-oriented approach
- Support analytics P&L, building efficient, repeatable processes to deliver profitable growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Clinical degree (e.g., RN, RPN, DNP, MSN, LCSW, etc.)
- Minimum of 10+ years of healthcare experience with knowledge and background in healthcare clinical analytics
- Minimum 3+ years of experience leading consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects/programs
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience and proven track record in acute and ambulatory clinical operations and analytics-based decision making
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in health management related areas, e.g. network management, value-based care, population health, quality, compliance, provider engagement, etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience leading initiatives with minimal guidance
- 1+ years of experience with EMR systems (Epic, Cerner, AllScripts)
- Willingness to travel up to 25 to 50%
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s in Public Health, Health Administration, Business or Data Science
- Working knowledge of health system clinical operations, quality improvement, and performance drivers
- Experience in the health care ecosystem, including understanding the relationship between payers and providers, and how analytics enables transformation
- Ability to work on multiple client engagements
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Experience and credibility interacting with “C” level executives, including medical directors
- Experience managing a team of data analysts, with proven success to mentor, guide, develop and grow the team
- Experience developing new business and managing client relationships in a consulting environment
- Familiarity with analytical methodologies and algorithms
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary for Colorado residents is $130,000 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, health management, analytics, clinical operations; telecommute