Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Produces innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets
- Develop and Manage Data science product for personalization, recommendation system
- Apply various Techniques like Forecasting, classification, Time series analysis, Graph for data science and analytics purpose
- Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and makes valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement
- Performs basic theoretical and experimental technological investigation directed toward solving analytical problems
- Develops pioneering approaches to industry trends
- Uses a flexible analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Ability to learn and implement new concept/technologies
- Mentors junior team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience with data science: developing, modeling, and analytics
- 1+ years of experience managing big data, (NO-SQL platform line Elastic, Splunk, or Cassandra)
- Experience using different techniques for personalization, anomaly detection and forecasting
- Experience in programming language with strong support for analytical processing such as Python, Scala, R, Haskell, Julia, matlab, cuda, etc.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Spark, notebooks, PANDAS, H2O, RapidMiner, Tensorflow
- Experience with different kind of visualization tools: such as Kibana, Grafanna, Vega / DS libraries
- Demonstrated understanding of various scripting languages such shell scripting, ruby
- BS Degree in Computer Science / Math
- Experience with big data platforms
- Healthcare or e-commerce experience
- Local to MN
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Scientist, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote