Bring your unique self and perspective to our team and culture
Make no mistake, as a Senior Copywriter, you'll have other responsibilities too. You will create fresh, new and conceptual ideas for Disney Parks and Resorts alongside talented team members. You will show your problem-solving skills and creative thinking for a range of advertising media while mentoring Jr. Creatives. Social and digital by design, we expect EVERY Yellow Shoes creative team member to grasp the importance of thinking creatively in a tech-inspired world. Solid, imaginative design ability and expert understanding of the production process are expected. As part of our team, being unprejudiced and having a passion to learn will take you very far.
We are looking for outstanding Copywriters with a passion for uncovering "the big idea," and who have a mastery of photography, typography, layout, digital and social ideation. You, will be well-versed in current design trends, understand omni-channel creative, and experience delivering award-winning creative campaigns.
You will report to the Creative Director.
Yellow Shoes is the award-winning, in-house agency that develops creative strategies and solutions to support the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts segment driving individual business results while effectively communicating and building the brand and overall Disney reputation. Our competitive advantage is an intimate knowledge of, and unique integration within, each individual WDPR business. Project Management is the internal agency engine, linking all agency functions and managing projects end-to-end to deliver a high volume of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Think creatively and provide marketable solutions for advertising problems.
- Work well with a Senior Art Director partner to provide compelling ideas, 360 campaign concepts.
- Mentor Jr. Creatives, guiding their daily creative work and offering feedback
- Create content for all digital and social channels associated with the Disney Parks and Resorts group.
- Interpret creative briefs and act upon client feedback.
- Be prompt delivering projects according to timelines and deadlines.
- Offer refined and well-written creative materials for all presentations.
- Willingness to travel (locally and domestically) for shoots and client presentations.
- Give direction to photographers, designers, directors, editors, and other vendors as they relate to the creative output.
- Construct a cohesive creative presentation.
- Overall comfort level with client contact.
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years in a copywriting or related role.
- Experience presenting to all levels for creative presentations and be proficient in presentation software (PowerPoint, Google Slides).
- Be a positive force keeping teams motivated to make a difference.
- Competency in ideating in the digital and social space.
- Seek elevated quality with all details.
- Experience managing various projects with quick timelines and deadlines.
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the Walt Disney Company history including films, animation, television and theme parks.
- Contribute collegiate level writing and speech skills, understanding and mastering different brand voices and styles.
- 5+ years in an agency setting, or related experience.
Required Education :
An associates (2 year) degree in Advertising, English, Journalism, or any other related writing discipline.
Preferred Education :
A bachelor's (4 year) degree in liberal arts or from an ad school.
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.