We are seeking a Senior Contract Analyst or Contract Analyst II to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success.
We will be hiring for this position at either the Senior Contract Analyst or Contract Analyst II level, as determined by the qualifications of the finalist. This position can be remote or based in Iowa City.The Contract Analyst position provides a high level of contract support services, including the interpretation and analysis of complex legal issues, identification and resolution of contract issues, support for the work of other members of the Contract Services team, and may serve as a department subject matter expert on contract development, negotiation and issue resolution.Level Differentiators:Senior Contract Analyst: Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project through advanced knowledge, skill, and expertise. Contract Analyst II: Contributes through solid experience, collaboration and problem resolution. Technically proficient in assigned area of expertise. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
What you will be working on:
- Draft, review and negotiate contract and agreement terms for a variety of different entities including:
- Sales contract terms for proposal responses to competitive sales opportunities, including federal, state, and local RFP's
- Contracts with state agencies, including sole source contracts, amendments to competitively procured contracts, and other government agreements
- -Data privacy and security agreements with customers, including state and local government agencies.
- Vendor agreements, including subcontracts, complex consulting, and service agreements, statements of work, and amendments
- Interpret and analyze complex contract issues and provide guidance and support for decisions made by the business
- Draft and maintain contract templates
- Utilize key systems and processes that support the workflow, including contract management software and information repositories.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
Senior Level: Requires five years progressively responsible experience drafting, negotiating and administering contracts.
Level II: Requires two years experience in drafting, negotiating and administering contracts.
Both levels require the following:
- Experience using office productivity software and contract management tools, such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to analyze requirements in context of the business environment and develop recommendations and/or solutions regarding the contractual implications
- Some knowledge of contract templates, drafting, and negotiation and ability to train others on same
- Ability to interpret standard contract terms and advise internal stakeholders on risk as it relates to standard business operations
- Ability to interpret policies and playbooks and, with guidance, make decisions related to contract negotiations and processes
- Strong organization and technical skills and attention to detail
- Collaboration \u2013 work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Inclusion \u2013 actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Communication \u2013 ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization, including as part of cross functional teams
- Decision making \u2013 acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze options and form opinions
- Information literacy \u2013 uses subject matter knowledge and skills to effectively acquire and apply information
- Change management \u2013 ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace; ability to manage and prioritize complex, competing projects and meet deadlines with quick turn-around
- Initiative \u2013 uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Self-development - remains current in area of expertise, seeks opportunities to expand and grow skills
- Accountability - takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, English or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
It's a plus if you have:
- Juris Doctorate preferred
- Some knowledge of Federal, State, and local education laws, procurement, processes, and/or systems
- Knowledge of software license, software development and/or other IT related contract terms and issues
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team of contract professionals with diverse experience in contract management, drafting and other in-house corporate work. We are dedicated to professional development, and providing team members the opportunity to cross train regarding a variety of contracts and legal topics that are supported by the entire legal team, including vendor contracts, data privacy, information security, compliance, and processes which support the entire organization.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry\u2014helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!