Now Hiring- Senior Civil Engineer
The Senior Civil Engineer manages civil engineering and planning projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work products and execution of production operations. The position provides consultation to clients and applies expertise to guide project teams in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications. The Senior Civil Engineer serves as a mentor and fosters a culture that encourages employee growth and engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies potential clients and/or projects and leverages relationships to win new work.
- Consults with clients to gather specifications, contribute expertise, make recommendations and deliver design proposals.
- Produces designs which may include site planning, horizontal layout, grading, stormwater collection and management facilities, potable/reuse water systems, gravity sanitary sewer systems, pump stations, erosion control and maintenance of traffic.
- Manages and produces technical letters/reports such as due diligence packages, calculation books and traffic reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including local, state and federal agencies.
- Performs field reviews, certifications and post design services.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of entitlement processes and can support planning staff
- Researches and advises on code requirements, regulatory topics, construction techniques and cost analyses.
- Identifies, develops and implements technical tools, techniques, software, materials and processes to optimize efficiency's and quality.
- Actively contributes ideas, expertise and recommendations based upon industry knowledge.
- Performs as a Project Manager (and in some cases Client Manager):
- Manages production processes overseeing deliverables, reviewing work and coordinating staff.
- Provides support to the Project Director ensuring regular communication regarding project, subconsultant and staff performance, providing reports and data and coordinating technical items to successfully execute projects.
- Performs technical and quality reviews of plans and specifications.
- Participates in client, agency and consultant meetings.
- Prepares and distributes responses to proposal solicitations.
- Prepares/Reviews fee and scope documents for clients.
- Produces and manages project schedules.
- Manages, trains and coaches subconsultants and staff from a technical standpoint to ensure successful project delivery
- May transport materials including samples, supplies and survey equipment.
- Travels approximately 20-30% of the time to client, consultant, job site, agency and work locations, as needed, in order to perform deliveries, support presentations, and support the firm's projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- Professional Engineer Registration (State of Florida).
- 10 or more years of experience in the criteria above.
- 4 or more years of experience managing projects.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.
Professional Engineer (PE)
up to 30%
If interested apply today! or call 904-527-5635 for more information
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.