Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
Ankura’s Data & Technology Practice includes client services in the areas of Analytics & Data Strategy, eDiscovery, and Cyber Security. Our Data & Technology team of experts provides hands-on support to establish and maintain secure, compliant, and efficient data and technology operations. We also deliver advice and tools to in-house and external legal teams responding to events such as a cyber-breach or largescale government investigations – especially those involving large information demands or complex data analysis.
The Senior Backend Software Engineer will work with a small team and contribute to the development of components of a text-analytics platform, including ETL, document management, rule-based and machine-learning-based extraction, relational data storage and querying, and API and service support.
- Execute software development projects, including defining and assessing options, ordering work, estimating work, and managing changes.
- Participate in a client engagement team, elucidating and defining requirements for the integration of software in a client environment and developing those integrations.
- Design algorithms and data structures as well as write code to meet functional requirements for a high-performance data processing system.
- 80%+ focus on Unix- / Linux-based development
- Robust unit- and integration-test development
- Exposure to distributed applications development preferred
- Development in Ruby and/or C
- Utilize MongoDB and Postgres for storage
- Collaborate within a small development team, including
- Participation in code reviews
- Joint decision-making for software design and implementation
- Operate within Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment, including:
- Source code control systems (mercurial and git)
- Build and test (Jenkins)
- Agile project management (Jira)
- Documentation (Confluence)
- Potential support of GUI development
- CSS and HTML
- Bachelorʼs degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, or data/ decision sciences
- 4+ years work experience including demonstrated mastery of one or more scripting languages, with preference for Ruby
- Knowledge of C and ability to optimize performance of queries and structure
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze and optimize algorithms in both space and time
- Proficiency in Unix / Linux operating systems and tools
- Experience with text manipulation and extraction tools and approaches
- Demonstrated test skills and practices, including the application of BDD/TDD, mock and assertion libraries, test isolation, and edge-case definition.
- Experience supporting deployment and software maintenance.
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.